Here are the rankings after Week presented by Gaughan Auto Store:
- Valley View Cougars (7-0), defeated Wallenpaupack 46-24 (Last week: 1)
The Cougars got a passing grade on their first test without QB Adam Howanitz who is out for the rest of the season. The offense had over 500 yards. Valley View missed him on defense giving up a season-high 24 points.
Next up: at Honesdale (2-5) (Listen on NPF)
- North Pocono Trojans (6-1), defeated West Scranton 48-0 (Last week: 2)
The West Scranton game was an easy one for the Trojans. They only played 8 minute quarters in the second half and that will keep players healthy.
Next up: at Lake-Lehman (3-3)
- Delaware Valley Warriors (4-3), defeated Williamsport 26-0 (Last week: 3)
The defense continues to be dominant and the Warriors have solidified themselves as the team to beat in Class 6A. The offense is getting better and should be ready for the post-season.
Next up: vs. Scranton (3-4) (Listen on WYNY)
- Hazleton Area Cougars (4-3), defeated Scranton 27-7 (Last week: 4)
A nice bounce-back win for Hazleton as the Cougars defense has improved since the beginning of the season. Their goal now is to get a home game in the playoffs and next week could decide that.
Next up: vs. Wilkes-Barre (4-3)
- Dallas Mountaineers (4-2), defeated Pittston Area 28-6 (Last week: 5)
The Dallas defense was strong and kept Pittston off the board until the fourth quarter.The Mounts also found a little bit of a running game which will be necessary in the post-season.
Next up: vs Crestwood (2-5)
- Wilkes-Barre Wolfpack (4-3), defeated Tunkhannock 35-31 (Last week: 6)
No doubt the Wolfpack like playing wild games. They somehow found a way to win and get above the .500 mark. Huge WVC 6A game this week.
Next up: at Hazleton Area (4-3)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (6-0), defeated Honesdale 50-13 (Last week: 1)
The Cavaliers celebrated their 50th anniversary on Saturday and appropriately put up 50 points – in the first half. Star tailback London Mongtomery didn’t play but will be back next week.
Next up: at Tunkhannock (2-4)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (6-1), defeated Lake-Lehman 42-7 (Last week: 2)
Good news for the Warriors along with the win avenging a loss last year to the Black Knights. QB Blaise Sokach-Minnick was able to play and the offense didn’t miss a beat
Next up: vs. Hanover Area (2-5) (Listen on WAFA)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (6-0), defeated Riverside 49-0 (Last week: 3)
The rivalry wasn’t really exciting this season as the Blue Devils posted their second straight shutout. Even the second teamers for Old Forge were dominant.
Next up: vs. Holy Cross (3-4) (Watch on NPF)
- Lakeland Chiefs (6-1), defeated Western Wayne 26-21 (Last week: 4)
Another gutsy win for the Chiefs who continue to prove the doubters wrong. The brutal schedule continues Friday with a game that probably will decide the division title.
Next up: at Mid Valley (6-1)
- Lackawanna Trail Lions (5-1), defeated Holy Cross 42-12 (Last week: 5)
It was a slow start for the Lions who only managed 12 points in the first half after missing last week due to COVID-19. However, they got things going in the second half for another big win.
Next up: vs. Dunmore (3-3) (Watch on NPF)
- Mid Valley Spartans (6-1), defeated Dunmore 14-7 (Last week: 6)
Mid Valley beat Dunmore for the second time in three seasons, a rare feat for the Spartans program. They have now set themselves up for a chance at a division title at home on Friday.
Next up: vs. Lakeland 6-1