Here are the rankings after Week 4 presented by Gaughan Auto Store:
- Valley View Cougars (4-0), defeated Scranton 48-0 (Last week: 1)
Cougars keep rolling through the soft part of their schedule. Have now scored 93 points over the last two weeks.
Next up: at West Scranton (0-4) (Listen on NPF)
- Williamsport Millionaires (3-1), defeated Central Mountain 21-14 OT (Last week: 2)
Williamsport stole one againt Central Mountain thanks to an offsides – on Williamsport. The Wildcats actually made the game-winning field goal but it was a dead ball. The next attempt was a bad snap and the Millionaires pulled it out in overtime.
Next up: at Berwick (1-3) (Listen on NPF)
- Dallas Mountaineers (2-1), Idle (Last week: 3)
Might have been a bad time for the Mountaineers to take a week of because of COVID issues for their Week 3 opponent. Their offense and passing game had gotten on a role with 73 points in two wins.
Next up: vs. Hazleton Area (2-2)
- North Pocono Trojans (3-1), defeated Tunkhannock 47-7 (Last week: 5)
North Pocono has come up with two domination performances but now they will play a team they are fighting for a playoff spot and seeding. Should tell us where both teams stand.
Next up: at Wallenpaupack (2-2)
- Wallenpaupack Buckhorns (2-2), lost to Lakeland 14-7 (Last week: 4)
Back-to-back losses to ranked Small Schools and unbeatent teams. Paupack couldn’t overcome a lethargic offense on the road but will try to stop their two-game losing streak.
Next up: vs. North Pocono (3-1)
- Hazleton Area (2-2), defeated Pittston Area 21-14 (Last week: NR)
The Cougars have won back-to-back games by 7 points each as the defense has played much better and the offense has been able to score enough. Huge road challenge in Week 4.
Next up: at Dallas (2-1)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (3-0), Idle (Last week: 1)
Prep had to take the week off because Dunmore couldn’t play. Will start division play this week and a chance to continue to run over people.
Next up: at Western Wayne (2-1)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (3-1), lost to Southern Columbia 37-30 (Last week: 2)
A heartbreaker for the Warriors who got noticed throughout the state. NPF debated moving them to No. 1 but will stay where they are for now.
Next up: at Crestwood (1-3) (Listen on WAFA)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (3-0), Idle (Last week: 4)
Another ranked team who got to rest. Probably won’t get much play for their starters this week so I guess the upside will be the Devils will be healthy.
Next up: vs. Montrose (0-4) (Watch on NPF)
- Lakeland Chiefs (4-0), defeated Wallenpaupack 14-7 (Last week: 5)
A huge win as the defense gets attention after the offense had been dominant early in the season. The Chiefs are proving they are a threat to defend their district title.
Next up: at Carbondale Area (2-2)
- Western Wayne Wildcats (2-1), lost to Crestwood 21-0 (Last week: 3)
Western Wayne had a week off and it showed. Wildcats are banged up and they will have to find a way to get healthy quickly as they host No. 1.
Next up: vs. Scranton Prep (3-0)
- Lackawanna Trail Lions (3-1), defeated Susquehanna 42-7 (Last week: 6)
The Lions are getting plenty of playerws involved and the offense has improved. Scoring 75 points in two games will help.
Next up: vs. Holy Redeemer (1-3) (Watch on NPF)