Here are the rankings after Week 3 presented by Gaughan Auto Store:
- Valley View Cougars (3-0), defeated Abington Heights 45-6 (Last week: 1)
After a shaky start, the Cougars went into cruise control and won easily at home. Valley View has only punted twice this season in three games as the offense remains efficent and capable of big plays.
Next up: at Scranton (1-2) (Listen on NPF)
- Williamsport Millionaires (2-1), defeated Mifflin County 24-2 (Last week: 2)
Millionaires bounce back as they continue their tour against District 6 teams. The defense played much better pitching a shutout on that side of the ball.
Next up: vs. Central Mountain (3-0)
- Dallas Mountaineers (2-1), defeated Wilkes-Barre 45-0 (Last week: 5)
Might have been one of the biggest surprises of the week. Not that the Mounts won but the margin of victory. Dallas Ormando and Jackson Wydra have been instrumental in the last two wins.
Next up: at Lake-Lehman (1-2) (Listen on NPF)
- Wallenpaupack Buckhorns (2-1), lost to Scranton Prep 42-10 (Last week: 3)
Buckhorns couldn’t handle the London Montgomery train, but there were some bright spots as Paupack’s passing game was efficient. They will be challenged again this week by a ranked small school.
Next up: at Lakeland (3-0) (Listen on NPF)
- North Pocono Trojans (2-1), defeated Honesdale 46-21 (Last week: NR)
The Trojans made it look easy and scored on a special teams play and on defense. The offense was better than the previous week as North Pocono continues to look for chemistry on that side of the ball.
Next up: vs. Tunkhannock (2-1) (Watch on WQYM)
- Tunkhannock Tigers (2-1), defeated Crestwood 29-21 (Last week: NR)
The Tigers have won two straight over WVC Class 4A opponents and will play an LFC 4A team this week. After a slow start on offense in Week 1, Tunkhannock has been putting up points.
Next up: at North Pocono (2-1) (Watch on WQMY)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (3-0), defeated Wallenpaupack 42-10 (Last week: 1)
The Cavaliers made a statement on the road against a ranked Big School. London Montgomery is a Division 1 talent but let’s not forget the Prep offensive line which is one of the best in the area.
Next up: at Dunmore (1-2) (Watch on NPF)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (3-0), defeated Nanticoke 47-13 (Last week: 2)
The Warriors were on cruise control from the beginning and got plenty of players on the field. Wyoming Area will really know where they are on Friday night against the premier football program in the state.
Next up: vs. Southern Columbia (3-0) (Watch on WAFA)
- Western Wayne Wildcats (2-0), idle (Last week: 3)
The Wildcats were disappointed as they had to sit out against a very good New York team. Now, they just have to hope they can get back on the field for Week 4.
Next up: at Crestwood (0-3) (Listen on NPF)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (3-0), defeated Carbondale Area 41-10 (Last week: 4)
Old Forge was able to try many different things on offense and the defense continues to be very good. Staying healthy is the main goal to be ready for the last regular season game and playoffs.
Next up: at Northwest Area (1-2) (Listen on NPF)
- Lakeland Chiefs (3-0), defeated Susquehanna 42-21 (Last week: 5)
The passing game is outstanding as QB Dominico Spataro has four legit weapons. Chiefs also are playing well up front
Next up: vs Wallenpaupack (2-1) (Listen on NPF)
- Lackawanna Trail Lions (2-1), defeated Riverside 34-0 (Last week: 6)
A workman like victory for the Lions on a old-school Saturday afternoon at Tunnel Hill. Nice bounce back for Trail.
Next up: at Susquehanna (0-3) (Listen on NPF)