Here are the rankings afte Week 5 presented by Golden Dome Abstract:
- Delaware Valley Warriors (1-1), defeated Wallenpaupack 28-21 (Last week: 1)
The Warriors bounced back after a tough loss but it wasn’t easy. Rival Wallenpaupack gave DV everything they could handle, but the Warriors battled through despite 6 turnovers.
Next up: at Scranton (1-1)
- Williamsport Millionaires (5-0), defeated Wyoming Valley West 48-13 (Last week: 2)
The Millionaires are making it look easy on offense. And they are getting many different players involved. This could be a dangerous team in the postseason.
Next up: vs. Pittston Area (0-4)
- Crestwood Comets (5-0), defeated Wyoming Area 14-13 (Last week: 3)
The Comets seem to find ways to win which is a sign of a good team. They will get a week off before they hit the road for a huge WVC Division 1 game.
Next up: at Berwick (1-3) 10/23 (Listen on NPF)
- Valley View Cougars (1-0), defeated Honedale 39-0(Last week: 5)
The Cougars looked in midseason form as they stormed out to a 39-0 halftime lead before they put the JV players in. The defense only allowed 31 total yards and that included the second and third teamers.
Next up: vs. West Scranton (0-2) (Watch on NPF)
- Dallas Mountaineers (3-1), defeated Pittston Area 31-28 (Last week: 6)
A huge win for a the Mounts despite not having their starting quarterback. Pittston found their offense but a last-second field goal was enough for Dallas.
Next up: vs Hazleton Area (3-2) (Watch on NPF)
- Hazleton Area Cougars (3-2), defeated Berwick 30-25 (Last week: NR)
The Cougars beat Berwick for the first time since 2009 and first-year Coach Dennis Buchman has Hazleton believing in themselves. A post-season berth is defintely a possibility.
Next up: at Dallas (3-1) (Watch on NPF)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (2-0), defeated Western Wayne 48-21 (Last week: 1)
Robert Rossi is a nightmare matchup for opposing defenses in the passing and coupled with a veteran quarterback like Paddy Grady, the Cavaliers offense will be hard to stop.
Next up: at Mid Valley (0-2)
- Lake-Lehman Black Knights (5-0), defeated Holy Redeemer 48-14 (Last week: 2)
This time it was Jacob Monko making plays in an easy road win for the Black Knights. The next game is a big one against the defending state champs.
Next up: at Wyoming Area (3-2) (Watch on NPF)
- Lakeland Chiefs (2-0), defeated Wilkes-Barre (Last week: 4)
In one of the craziest games in years, Lakeland blows a 13 point lead in overtime and goes down 7 only to run a punt back with no time on the clock. Top it off with a Tim Tebow type two-point conversion and the Chiefs escape Wilkes-Barre with a win.
Next up: at Riverside (1-4)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (2-0), defeated Holy Cross 70-0 (Last week: 5)
Some have critizicized the Blue Devils for the score but you can’t ask the backups not to play hard. Old Forge is second ranked in the state and is warming up for a postseason run.
Next up: vs. Susquehanna (1-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (3-2), lost to Crestwood 14-13 (Last week: 3)
A heartbreaking loss for a young Warriors team that now puts them in must-win position against the No. 2 ranked team. Wyoming Area will be at home and will be ready for the Knights.
Next up: vs. Lake-Lehman (5-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Dunmore Bucks (2-0), defeated Mid Valley 30-14 (Last week: 6)
A quickly scheduled game, the Bucks will face the Tigers in Dunmore. Ironically, Hall of Fame coach Jack Henzes first win as the Bucks’ head coach was against Tunkhannock.
Next up: vs. Tunkhannock (1-3) (Watch on NPF)