Here are the rankings afte Week 4 presented by Golden Dome Abstract:
- Delaware Valley Warriors (0-1), lost to LaSalle College HS (Last week: 1)
Why are the Warriors still on top considering they lost on Friday? Two reasons. The team they lost to is one of the top teams in the state who has four Division I players and DV played toe-to-toe with them. Second is the eye test. All reports coming back to us plus Hudl says Delaware Valley is very good and best big school in the area.
Next up: at Wallenpaupack (0-1)
- Williamsport Millionaires (4-0), defeated Wilkes-Barre 26-0 (Last week: 2)
The defense put up a shutout and Keith Freeman has a big day on the ground and catching the football. Frankie Morrone is putting together a great season considering he was going to be the back up this season.
Next up: at Wyoming Valley West (1-2) (Watch on NPF)
- Crestwood Comets (4-0), defeated Holy Redeemer 42-0 (Last week: 4)
Crestwood took care of business last Friday but coming up next is their biggest challenge of the season. The schedule is much tougher the second half for the Comets
Next up: vs Wyoming Area (3-1) (Watch on NPF)
- North Pocono Trojans (1-0),defeated Scranton 27-0 (Last week: NR)
The Trojans were impressive in their opener, shutting out the Knights. New quarterback William Soma had a great debut for North Pocono and the defense played well.
Next up: vs Riverside (0-4)
- Valley View Cougars (0-0), Idle (Last week: 5)
Valley View has won two of the the last three district titles and was in the championship game last season. Their only losses the last two season to District 2 teams have come to Dallas (21-2 record) .
Next up: vs Honesdale (0-1) (Watch on NPF)
- Dallas Mountaineers (2-1), lost to Lake-Lehman (Last week: 3)
I don’t know what hurt more. Losing 42-0 or having to give The Old Shoe back to Lake-Lehman. We will see how the young Mounts bounce back.
Next up: at Pittston Area (0-3)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (1-0), defeated Honesdale 42-7 (Last week: 1)
The Cavaliers were impressive in their debut as the passing game with Paddy Grady and the running game with London Montgomery put up 42 points. And don’t sleep on the defense which lost key players to graduation but seems to be good again.
Next up: vs Western Wayne (1-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Lake-Lehman Black Knights (4-0), defeated Dallas 42-0 (Last week: 2)
The Old Shoe is back at Lake-Lehman after the Black Knights took care of their rival Dallas. Ethan Adams led the way as he has put his name in the running for Player of the Year. Lehman’s defense was suffocating as well.
Next up: at Holy Redeemer (0-2)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (3-1), defeated Tunkhannock 35-6 (Last week: 3)
Another good performance for Wyoming Area has them set up for a huge challenge on the road against Crestwood. Winner will decide who challenges Lehman for division.
Next up: at Crestwood (4-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Lakeland Chiefs (1-0), Defeated Mid Valley 51-0 (Last week: 4)
Lakeland showed in the opener they are ready to play with the big boys. The Chiefs were excellent on both side of the ball and Giovanni Spataro set the school record for rushing yardage in the process.
Next up: at Susquehanna (0-1) (Watch on NPF)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (1-0), defeated Riverside 43-12 (Last week: 5)
Without their starting quarterback, the Blue Devils didn’t miss a beat in the dismantling of rival Riverside. Old Forge is poised to have one of their best teams in several years and that’s saying a lot.
Next up: at Holy Cross (0-1) (Watch on NPF)
- Dunmore Bucks (1-0), defeated Wallenpaupack 17-6 (Last week: 6)
It wasn’t easy at the Big Lake, but the Bucks escaped thanks to a big performance from Cristian Buckley. Dunmore continues to be one of the best programs in the area.
Next up: at Mid Valley (0-1) (Watch on NPF)