Here are the rankings afte Week 3 presented by Golden Dome Abstract:
- Delaware Valley Warriors (0-0), Idle (Last week: 1)
The Warriors had a positive scrimmage this past weekend and are ready for the opener against LaSalle.
Next up: vs LaSalle College HS (0-0) – October 2
- Williamsport Millionaires (3-0), defeated Berwick 26-7 (Last week: 2)
The Millionaires continue to impress, but this time it was more the defensive side of the ball. Nassir Jones is the early favorite for Player of the Year in WVC Division 1.
Next up: vs Wilkes Barre (2-1)
- Dallas Mountaineers (2-0), defeated Wilkes-Barre 34-13 (Last week: 4)
The Mountaineers defense was the key this past Friday as they scored two defensive touchdowns and only allowed one offensive touchdown. The big plays in the passing game have continued as well.
Next up: at Lake-Lehman (3-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Crestwood Comets (3-0), defeated Nanticoke 49-7 (Last week: 6)
The Comets were without Ryan Petrosky and handled the Trojans easily. The schedule will get tougher the second half of the season, but Crestwood is on cruise control right now.
Next up: vs Holy Redeemer (0-1)
- Wilkes-Barre Wolfpack (2-1), lost to Dallas 34-13 (Last week: 3)
After winning two games in the the last minute, this past Friday the last minute didn’t matter for the Wolfpack. However, take into consideration they were missing QB Kam Taylor who makes their offense go. They will need him back if they want to challenge this week.
Next up: at Williamsport (3-0)
- Valley View Cougars (0-0), Idle (Last week: 5)
The Cougars will still have one more week off as they get ready for their LFC opener.
Next up: vs Honesdale (0-0) October 9th (Watch on NPF)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (0-0), Idle (Last week: 1)
Scranton Prep was dominant in their scrimmage this past Saturday, but they will have to stay healthy up front to keep playing like that. They have skill kids who will make plays.
Next up: at Honesdale (0-0)
- Lake-Lehman Black Knights (3-0), defeated Hanover Area 42-6 (Last week: 2)
For the second straight week, the Black Knights had their starters out in the second half. Ethan Adams accounted for six touchdowns and the defense did not allow a score.
Next up: vs Dallas (2-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (2-1), defeated Holy Redeemer 55-20 (Last week: 3)
Usually when you score 41 points in the first quarter, the upset alert goes away quickly. Warriors got a lot of young players in the game and that always help the depth.
Next up: at Tunkhannock (0-2)
- Lakeland Chiefs (0-0), Idle (Last week: 4)
Lakeland will be improved from last year, but will it be enough to win the district? It starts next Friday with their opener.
Next up: vs Mid Valley (0-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (0-0), Idle (Last week: 5)
Blue Devils have their QB, tailback, fullback and top receiver all back. The line will determine how far Old Forge can go.
Next up: vs Riverside (0-3) (Watch on NPF)
- Dunmore Bucks (0-0), Idle (Last week: 6)
Everyone always wonders what the Bucks will do when the graduate offensive lineman and the answer always seems to be the same. The reload.
Next up: at Wallenpaupack (0-0) (Watch on NPF)