Here are the rankings afte Week 1 presented by Golden Dome Abstract:
- Delaware Valley Warriors (0-0), Idle (Last week: 1)
Warriors picked up an impressive opponent for their opener on Oct. 2 – LaSalle College High School
Next up: vs LaSalle College HS (0-0) – October 2
- Williamsport Millionaires (1-0), defeated Nanticoke 43-18 (Last week: 4)
With only 10 teams playing, Williamsport had the biggest offensive explosion and looked good doing it. They are without their starting QB, but Frankie Morrone filled in nicely.
Next up: at Wyoming Area (1-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Wilkes-Barre Wolfpack (1-0), defeated Wyoming Valley West 9-8 (Last week: 3)
It took a last minute field goal, but the Wolfpack squeaked out a win. Last season, they lost a close game in the opener, so it had to feel good to be on the other side this time.
Next up: vs Hazleton Area (0-1) (Listen NPF)
- Valley View Cougars (0-0), Idle (Last week: 5)
Valley View is just getting back on the practice field this past week after having all conditioning and preseason workouts suspended. They will not play their scheduled opener and will focus on getting ready for the division opener.
Next up: vs Honesdale (0-0) (Watch NPF)
- Dallas Mountaineers (0-0), game cancelled (Last week: 6)
The Mounts had the rug pulled out from under them by COVID-19 as their game was cancelled five hours before kickoff. Get used to this as most teams will have issues making it through the season without any interruptions.
Next up: vs. Valley West (0-1) (Watch NPF)
- Crestwood Comets (1-0), defeated Hazleton Area 18-10 (Last week: NR)
The Comets were one of five teams to win Week 1 from the WVC and it was impressive from the standpoint that they lost two offensive lineman in the first quarter. Senior leaders picked the team up and carried them to victory.
Next up: at Tunkhannock (0-0) (Watch NPF)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (1-0), defeated Riverside 30-6 (Last week: 1)
The defense for Wyoming Area looked in mid-season form with two scores by the unit. The offense got a lot of people involved as eight Warriors carried the football.
Next up: vs Williamsport (1-0) (Watch on NPF)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (0-0), Idle (Last week: 2)
Prep keeps their No. 2 spot based on recent success. The Cavaliers will have three major offensive weapons return when they finally hit the field.
Next up: at Honesdale (0-0) October 2nd
- Lake-Lehman Black Knights (1-0), defeated Berwick 29-21 (Last week: 6)
It was an historic win for Lake-Lehman, the first time they have defeated Berwick in school history. The Black Knights looked faster and stronger and definitely put themselves in the Class 3A race as a strong contender.
Next up: vs Nanticoke (0-1)
- Lakeland Chiefs (0-0), Idle (Last week: 3)
Obviously, Lakeland didn’t do anything wrong to fall a spot. They have a lot to prove in 2020, but still remain a strong contender in their division and classification.
Next up: vs Mid Valley (0-0) October 2nd
- Old Forge Blue Devils (0-0), Idle (Last week: 5)
The Blue Devils continue their preparation to try to win back-to-back division titles and they are already the heavy favorite to win Class 1A.
Next up: vs Riverside (0-1) (Watch on NPF)
- Dunmore Bucks (0-0), Idle (Last week: 6)
The Bucks will have a new face at quarterback because of graduation, but the streak of district title is looking good entering the season.
Next up: at Mid Valley (0-1)