2019 Super Six – Week 8
Here are the rankings after Week 8 presented by Al’s Quick Stop:
- Dallas Mountaineers (8-0), defeated Valley View 37-7 (Last Week: 1)
It was an impressive showing by the Mountaineers and the reason we have had them ranked since Week 1. High school football is usually won in the trenches and Dallas is very good up front. Another test this week against a very good defense.
Next up: vs Berwick (7-1)
- Delaware Valley Warriors (7-1) defeated Williamsport 53-0 (Last Week: 3)
Remember when Williamsport defense was being touted in the first half of the season? It shows you how good the Warriors offense is.
Next up: at Wyoming Valley West (2-5)
- Valley View Cougars (7-1), lost to Dallas 37-7 (Last Week: 2)
The Cougars can’t dwell on their blowout loss at home with a red-hot team up next. Valley View has to fix some things but could get another shot at Dallas.
Next up: at Scranton (6-2)
- Berwick Bulldogs (7-1) defeated Crestwood 42-7 (Last Week: 4)
Bulldogs can make a statement this week, but they are definitely the underDAWG. The Bulldogs might have to settle for a three seed again which probably means two road wins to win a district title.
Next up: at Dallas (8-0)
- Scranton Knights (6-2) defeated Hazleton Area 21-15 (Last Week: 6)
Scranton can prove they are as good as their record indicates the next two games. No doubt they are playing very well, but their last two opponents are a combined 14-2. Will be a big test for the Knights.
Next up: vs Valley View (7-1)
- Crestwood Comets (5-3) lost to Berwick 42-7 (Last Week: 5)
The Comets got a dose of what’s above them in the rankings for the second time this season. They still have a very good chance to get a home game in the first round in the playoffs.
Next up: at Pittston Area (3-5)
- Wyoming Area Warriors (7-1), lost to Southern Columbia 42-0 Last Week: 1)
Pretty much what we expected and a good thing for the Wyoming Area community. Now, it’s back to the real goal of winning a district title which the Warriors haven’t done since 2012.
Next up: vs Hanover Area (3-5)
- Scranton Prep Cavaliers (6-2), defeated Pittston Area 17-7 (Last Week: 2)
The Cavaliers are on a winning streak and although they struggled offensively on Saturday, they will be even more tested the next two weeks against Class 3A opponents.
Next up: at Lakeland (5-3)
- Western Wayne Wildcats (7-1), defeated West Scranton 56-13 (Last Week: 3)
Western Wayne bounced back and continue the best season in program history. They still have work to do against two quality oppoents to secure a bye week in the first round of the playoffs.
Next up: at Dunmore (5-3)
- Lake-Lehman Black Knights (6-2), defeated Mid Valley 35-0 (Last Week: 4)
The Knights are very balanced and that means dangerous on offense. They have to be careful to not look ahead to the season finale against Dallas.
Next up: vs Nanticoke (1-7)
- Dunmore Bucks (5-3), defeated Susquehanna 38-7 (Last Week: 5)
The Bucks last two games are going to be a major challenge and the division will be on the line next week. A lot of people counted Dunmore out after two losses to start the season, but they are headed to the playoffs for the 14th straight year.
Next up: vs Western Wayne (7-1)
- Old Forge Blue Devils (6-1), defeated Riverside 33-26 (Last Week: 6)
The rivalry game was a good one last week and Devils survived. But they need to get QB Dante Lucareli back to assure a district title and a state playoff run.
Next up: at Northwest Area (4-3)